Monday, September 19, 2011

THE TOY BUG
The Toy Bug was born in July 2007, a year after my son was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. I gave up my day job as a Business Administrator and became a stay at home mum so I could take my son to his different therapies. While doing this I saw how his therapists were using FUN toys to get his attention and interaction and I wanted to find these toys for my son to use in his home therapy. So I spent countless hours looking for these FUN toys and on sourcing them, I had other parents asking where did I buy them and could I purchase some for them so I decided to go into business, firstly via catalogue, and then online in 2008 as I wanted to bring the wonderful range of toys I had found into the lives of all children, helping them to learn as they play - thus the start of The Toy Bug.
My Business name “The Toy Bug” came about after my Husband told me I had caught “The Toy Bug” from spending so much time and money on researching and buying toys. I love my job as I enjoy researching and finding new products to help children with their development. Every child’s development is different and most of the toys I sell have been concentrated around my son’s special needs or toys that his therapists have recommended for different developments. My son is my toy tester so he is the lucky one to try out most of the toys I sell – thus his has his own category - “Lachie’s Favourites” - these are toys he has really enjoyed playing with.
The Toy Bug is dedicated to our customers and we endeavour to give our best at all times. Your feed back is important to us so please let us know how we are doing!
For the quickest response, please email us with any questions.
If you prefer to contact me by phone and I miss your call, please leave a message with the best time to call back and I will do my best to get back to you within one business day.
We hope you find what you are looking for or may be something you didn’t expect, but fall in love with.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. We hope you enjoy your shopping experience and will visit us again soon.
Kindest regards,
Jo xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment